Frequently asked questions

1How Do We Start an application for an O-Licence?

You will need to complete the following steps:

1. Operating Centre: Find an operating centre (which is parking for your vehicles when not in use)

2. Maintenance: Find a maintenance provider (see requirements) and sign a provisional contract with them. See an example how to fill it in.

3. Financial Requirements: Get your original bank statements for the last 3 months (see requirements).

4. Advertisements: Publish a public notice in a local newspaper

5. The Application: Download and fill in the GV79 application form. Email your details and I’ll fill in the TM1 form on behalf of your business and designated external Transport Manager. Enclose the application fee (cheque, credit card, etc) If you don’t have a vehicle yet, get a letter or email from a truck hire company saying that they will rent you vehicles If you want to start sooner, fill in the interim application form INT1